2014 has been a huge year for me. I’ve somehow managed to take time off as well as have enough of my savings to do plenty of travelling.
Currently in Singapore, I will be heading to Phuket in the next couple of days and it will be my first time that I travelled by myself to a new location. It’s a scary feeling and being a paranoid person that I am, I have gotten rather anxious with my plans.
I have a good friend that travels a lot by herself and I have always admired her bravery and courage. She gave me some tips on how I can ease my nerves and prepare myself for my first solo trip.
– Read up on the benefits of travelling along, in attempts to outweigh my cons with pros.
– Do in-depth research about my destination so I can better prepare for my travels.
– Be alert and aware of my surroundings.
– Let my loved ones back home know my travel details and keep in contact throughout the trip.
– Bring a book or something to keep me entertained.
– Most importantly, enjoy myself and have fun.
Do you have any tips for me?